DAWN “DEW” TINNIN
I split my time between coaching sales professionals and managers one-on-one, and meeting with sales managers and their teams to talk about the services Southwestern Consulting™ offers (discover more about one-on-one coaching here).
This is my personal website and blog. I started it in February of 2012 with the primary goals to:
- Share my knowledge and ideas – primarily on sales, management, and getting/staying organized
- Offer tidbits of motivation and inspiration, and
- Recommend (and/or comment on) books and articles I come across in my own mission to never stop learning.
I hope you find this information useful in your career – and in some cases, your personal life as well.
If this is your first time visiting my site, you can get to know me by reading some of my top posts so far:
- Master “Feel, Felt, Found” with 3rd Party Stories
- Abundance Mentality in Sales: 5 Dos and Don’ts
- 10 Prospecting Categories – How Many Are You Calling?
- Using Competition to Meet Your Goals (and The Craziest Bet I Ever Won)
- I’m Not a Morning Person (and 9 Other Lame Excuses)
- Imagine a Gossip Free Workplace
- Dew Recommends: Be Grateful (Every Day!)
- Dew Recommends: When Working Longer Hours Pays Off
- Dew Recommends: Networking Power Tips
- Ask Dew: How can I give direction without sounding bossy or mean?
- Ask Dew: How Do I Get Demanding Clients To Be Patient?
- Ask Dew: How Long Do I Keep Calling “Maybe Prospects”?
You can also use my Blog Archives page to see all the posts I’ve ever written or use the search feature in the top of the right-hand sidebar to find other articles other posts you may be interested in.
I started my sales career at seven years old, selling Girl Scout cookies door to door. At age eleven, I earned a patch for selling the most cookies. I started my professional sales and training career at Homecomings Financial, a division of GMAC/ RFC and spent 7 years there. I spent the next 3 years in the sales training division of a small mortgage company, and then I moved over to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
At Wells, I traveled all over the country as a National Sales Trainer, teaching the best sales habits and techniques to thousands of sales professional every year. In 2005, I moved from the classroom to the field where I spent 3 years as a top producing Branch Manager.
I have been perfecting my sales techniques for the last 15 years, working with sales professionals in all 50 states. Joining the Southwestern Consulting team was a no-brainer for me. I’ve been able to take everything I learned from my career and combine it with the philosophies and practices that The Southwestern Company has been refining for the past 155 years. I get to coach half the time and I get to sell half the time. I’ve found my ideal job.
Sales is in my blood. I love the art of the sale and I love sharing techniques with others. I believe that sales is an honorable profession and I truly take it as a compliment when someone tells me I’m persistent because… yes, yes I am.
I have been married to my husband, Shane for 9 years and I have a 15-year-old stepson. We currently live in Nashville, Tennessee and we travel several times a year to my home state of Minnesota and Shane’s home state of Oklahoma. This gives me the opportunity to meet with my clients (and prospects) in these states and every state in between.
In my free time, I enjoy reading, running, swimming and watching movies. I’ve written my first novel and am in the final editing stages. I recently started running and have completed my first 5K.
This is my personal website. All of the opinions that I express here are all mine and do not necessarily represent those of my employer, Southwestern Consulting. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. I will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. I will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.